Rural communities have the same surveillance and security needs as the urban counterparts. In fact, their needs can be more complex as multiple surveillance services – protection of people and assets, perimeter control and traffic management – will need to co-exist over limited network infrastructure. Datasat provides the correct remote communications services to enable effective video surveillance across multi-site rural deployments.
Effective surveillance rural networks up to 70% less expensive than wired technologies.
Fast and flexible to install and extend surveillance networks. New equipment can be deployed in a matter of days and re-deployed to reduce costs.
Intelligent wireless equipment creates surveillance networks over extended areas – regardless of terrain – using fewer wireless devices.
Low latency, high throughput connectivity from network equipment optimised for video and rich media traffic. Datasat equipment can achieve 300Mbps where some wireless networks typically offer no more than 25Mbps.
Wireless and satellite communications expertise enables the development the correct network for the rural community. Effective backhaul options available through wireless, satellite or Point of Presence onto fibre backbone where available.
Remote monitoring from anywhere on an IP network – from any web-enabled device – removes the need for central control room.
Meeting Unique Rural Challenges
Rural multi-site surveillance networks must provide reliable, remote monitoring so security threats or events of interest can be detected assessed and responded to quickly and effectively. Most rural communities – or closed user groups – will have neither the budget or capability to have a dedicated surveillance infrastructure. Instead, surveillance and security systems must operate seamlessly over the same infrastructure as other business and residential communications. Datasat provides the multi-service network infrastructure – based on the correct combination of wireless, satellite and fibre – that places intelligence at the network edge and dynamically allocates bandwidth and manages traffic to ensure that surveillance images and sound reaches the correct people when they need it – without disrupting other network services.
• Network equipment optimised for video traffic – including H.264 and MPEG4.
• Point-to-point, point-to-multi-point and fully meshed configurations for flexible deployment.
• Advance QoS-based traffic management enabling dynamic QoS-driven bandwidth allocation to an individual service, user group or user level.
• Surveillance images and sound accessible from any web-based device – including in-vehicle while in transit.
• Rapidly deployed and installed for emergency and disaster recovery. Enables scalable rural networks that can grow, shrink and be re-deployed quickly and cost-effectively.
• Satellite, wireless, fibre and end-to-end network capabilities.
• Web-based and Cloud-based network management to enable comprehensive remote management from Datasat's UK NOC.
• Range of power options – including solar and wind – to ensure uninterrupted remote operation.
• Exclusive range of Video Management Systems for effective capture, storage and analysis.
An End to End Service
Datasat offers a complete range of services - network design, network build, network management and network maintenance - to ensure customers benefit from dealing with a single supplier for their communications needs. The company has over 25 years of experience creating effective connectivity solutions ranging from small remote sites to global VSAT networks. Organisations benefit from a single contract with single SLA and single pricing structure - and only one contact if issues arise.