The recovery of shale gas has become one of the fastest growing areas in the oil and gas sector. As shale gas deposits often occur close to human populations, there is an emphasis of establishing a highly safe and low impact drilling operation. Datasat provides a range of rapidly deployed VSAT satellite and wireless network infrastructure to facilitate shale gas exploration.
Best of breed remote infrastructure based on satellite, wireless and fibre technologies with the highest level of security including IP and radio encryption
Innovative range of pre-tested rapid deploy communications equipment – both vehicle mounted and kit-based – moving from installation to operation in as little as 15 minutes
Network infrastructure employs video surveillance to enhancing production data from central or remote sites by augmenting it with visual information
Integrates video imagery with diagnostic and monitoring tools to better manage the flow of gases at the drilling site
Single, multi-service, QoS-driven network infrastructure to enable all systems - operational, business, security, infotainment and asset management – to operate seamlessly and secure providing performance, cost and management benefits on multi-tenant sites
Innovative mVOIP application delivers low cost mobile connectivity anywhere within network coverage and seamless roaming with GSM, ensuring continuous connectivity where normal cellular services are poor or unavailable
Effective Monitoring the Key to Shale Gas Success
There are two major types of monitoring that must occur at a shale gas drilling site. The first monitors elements such as the pressure, flow, temperature and level at the well. Secondly, an effective perimeter monitoring system is necessary as the highly combustible nature of natural gases such as methane or hydrogen sulphide poses a real danger at the drilling site. A wireless network infrastructure delivers an effective and reliable foundation for this type of remote monitoring application. Highly robust wireless networks from Datasat allows monitoring and management systems to operate seamlessly over the same secure infrastructure as all other services – business and operational – at the drilling site.
• Complete design, build, management and maintenance service with networks pre-engineered and tested to enable rapid deployment and reliable operations.
• Satellite and wireless capabilities to ensure high performance, low cost backhaul from almost any location on the globe.
• Advance traffic management to ensure that the correct bandwidth is allocated to remote assets as required.
• Layer 3 architecture places intelligence at network's edge and enables advanced QoS-based traffic management.
• Wireless network equipment operates seamlessly from -40oC to +70oC.
• Range of Power over Ethernet (PoE), solar and wind-based power options to enable uninterrupted network operation in highly remote areas.
• A privately owned communications hub infrastructure.
• Partner relationship with national and international carriers to ensure effective Point of Presence to fibre backbone where available.
An End-to-End Service
Datasat offers a complete range of services - network design, network build, network management and network maintenance - to ensure customers benefit from dealing with a single supplier for their communications needs. The company has over 25 years of experience creating effective connectivity solutions ranging from small remote sites to global VSAT networks. Government organisations benefit from a single contract with single SLA and single pricing structure - and only one contact if issues arise.